A Guide for Caregivers in Eagle County
- Have you found yourself unexpectedly in the role of a caregiver?
- Are you considering taking on more of a care-giving role?
- Are you facing some inevitable care-giving responsibilities?
If so, this guide is for you! You are not alone. We are a nation of caregivers. According to the National Alliance for Caregiving and the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP), in any given year more than 65 million people in the United States provide care for a chronically ill, disabled or aged family member or friend.
Want more personalized assistance? Eagle Valley Senior Life also offers Personalized Care Consultation where you can speak with a social worker to get help with getting the information you need. For general resources for seniors, Aging Well Eagle County, is a good place to start.
Assessing Care Options: How to evaluate what’s best for your family.
- Agencies versus Private Caregivers
- Hiring and Managing Private Caregivers
- Re-locating parents: Everything you need to think about and prepare before moving your aging parents from out of town/state. https://www.caregiver.org/downsizing-home-checklist-caregivers
- Senior Housing & Long Term Care facilities
- Memory Care
Financial Calculator – how to plan for future nursing home or assisted living care.
Meals and Nutrition:
Health and Safety:
Other Local Resources
For more great info: